09 July 2014

Face Your Insecurities


I am working on putting together my before and after photos from completing Brazil Butt Lift and came across a photo from couple years ago. I remember being MORTIFIED when I saw this photo on the camera (that hubby snapped) mixed in with a bunch of other pics from that day at the lake with the kids. I could not believe how huge my ass and legs looked in the photo, not to mention the rest of me covered up. I wanted so bad to delete it, because who wants photos of themselves that they don't like.

But I didn't. That was me. That was my body.

Even though I didn't like it, those photos are our family's memories and I didn't want to remove myself from that. But I realized, I didn't want to be that lady anymore. I didn't want to be that lady that didn't fully enjoy herself at the lake, or the beach, or the pool, and not fully enjoy the time with her children because she was so insecure and unhappy with herself, sitting secluded covered with a towel, not wanting to get in the water because her swimsuit would cling to her chubby belly.

Took me a little while, especially after having another baby since then, but I am no longer THAT lady. I have faced my insecurities and made positive changes and am continuing to do that.

Do I have the perfect body now? No, of course not.
Do I have stretch marks and cellulite? I sure do!
Does my butt and belly still jiggle? Sure does!

But you know what? That doesn't bother me so much any more. I am still a work in progress but I am definitely much more comfortable and confident in my own skin than I used to be. And it's not just about fixing what's on the outside, it's about being HEALTHY and HAPPY and ENJOYING life. Don't be afraid to make positive changes for yourself and be the person you want to be.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment.