29 November 2012

I just want to go shopping

All I had planned for today was shopping... new clothes for the baby munchkin growing like a weed, and food for the other two munchkins that eat like there's no tomorrow. Then I was going to come home and shampoo the foot filth off the carpet in the living room. Who's bright idea was it to buy an off-white carpet anyway when we have 3 kids? Oh right, nevermind! (I picked the carpet.)

Easy, simple day, right? I thought it would be, but I'm still at home sitting here on the computer. Munchkin baby decided to throw a crazy crying fit and didn't like anything I had to offer... boobs, hugging, rocking, tried boobs again, walking around the house, playing, sitting in the swing, cartoons on tv, more boobs? Nope. Nothing. Just wanted to cry. He finally fell asleep after screaming in my ear for a while and I managed to get him down for a nap.

So I guess I should take advantage of this time and do something productive, like clear the dirty dishes out of the sink and off the counter, and clean all the food crumbs and filth off the kitchen floor so that we don't have to wear shoes in the house just to keep our feet somewhat clean. I could shampoo the living room carpet now since I'm stuck in the house anyway. Instead I'm sitting on the computer procrastinating and killing time because all I intended to do today was go shopping.

Don't get me wrong! I am very thankful that he is now peaceful and happy and taking a nice long nap. I am certainly enjoying it! But I don't feel like cleaning or doing anything that mommies are supposed to do while babies are sleeping. I just wanted to go shopping. Oh, the joys of mommyhood!

Oh wait... he's awake and crying again. Maybe now he'll want some boobs and then we can go shopping. :)

*Update: Before I even got to the top of the stairs to get him out of his crib, he had already cried himself back to sleep. At this point, there will be no time for shopping before I have to go pick up the other two from school. *Sigh*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment.