21 October 2014

Feeling like a Super Hero


This was an eye opener for me yesterday as I went to put on my batman utility belt, getting ready the Super Heroes and Villians 5K Run. Last year when I wore it, I punched grommets at the ends of the belt and tied it on me with ribbon. It actually has velcro on the belt but it didn't fit me that way then.

Yesterday, I was completely shocked at the difference when I went to wrap it around my waist and realized just how much I have lost since then. Sadly, just a year ago, I didn't even realize that I even could lose that much and that I had it in me to make that kind of progress. But now, seeing how far I have actually come, truly makes me feel like my own super hero. I did that! I made the changes in my life to get those results.

The size difference. The grommets are where I had my batman belt tied on my waist last year.

It's been a slow gradual progress, in a healthy consistent way, and I don't spend a ridiculous amount of time working out. In fact, I've missed many scheduled workouts, hit some road blocks here and there, and I actually don't eat perfectly clean and perfectly stick to my meal plan ALL the time. But I continue to work hard to reach my fitness goals, consistently not sporadically, and I have never given up!

This little journey of dropping some weight and getting my booty fit and back in shape has definitely had some ups and downs. Throughout the weight loss, there has also been some weight gain. Weight loss is certainly not a constant downhill drop. There have been moments where I felt I was making great progress, and then moments where I felt completely bloated and frustrated with the scale. Of course I know that the scale does not tell all, but it can still be discouraging at times when you are not seeing or feeling changes and progress seems to be stalled or going in the wrong direction.

The important thing to remember is that road bumps are completely normal and going to happen. Some days are going to be harder than others when it's time to get your workout done. And some days it will be hard to resist the urge to binge on foods that you might later regret. But you can't let those days stop you from going on and trying harder. You have to be proud of your progress along the way and how far you have come in the long run.

Slow progress is still progress! Just keep going and don't worry about how long it will take you to see the changes you want to see.

If you're interested in doing what has worked for me and having someone help you stay accountable, shoot me a message and talk to me. I don't share my progress to brag, I share it to inspire and motivate others and to gain trust that what I do works and that I can help.

You can Contact Me here on my blog. If you are serious and dedicated to making some improvements in your nutrition and fitness, I'd love to have you in my next Fitness Challenge Group for one-on-one support and accountability. To help me learn more about you and what your fitness and nutrition goals are, I have a brief questionnaire here.

-To good health and happiness,
Sandy

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment.