30 December 2014

A new me in 2014, new YOU in 2015


With New Years approaching and the busy holiday season and festivities coming to an end, I KNOW this time of year has many people thinking about their health and fitness and weight loss goals. I KNOW, because I've been there... every year, for so many years since having children and carrying around some extra pounds.

That was me just last New Years, OVER a year since having our third child, still overweight and still sporting a belly bump. It was quite humiliating and depressing when someone had asked if I was pregnant again (and I was not!). In Spring of 2013, I had started tackling my post-baby weight by doing Insanity (in my bedroom with the door shut because I was embarrassed to be watched in the living room at the time). I was also battling many symptoms associated with a thyroid disease, which only made weight loss harder for me. It was then that I discovered Shakeology, a nutrition shake, and started drinking it to help with immune support for my thyroid and to help with the weight loss. I was determined to get the weight off so I could fit back in to some of my clothes and look and feel better for a big family vacation we had planned for the summer. I managed to lose 13 pounds in just over 2 months and did squeeze back in to some of my old jeans finally.

After that, old eating habits returned and I stopped drinking Shakeology and stopped working out. You can imagine what happened. By the end of the year, there I was, right back where I started before Insanity and still trying to overcome thyroid issues. I was unhappy, out of shape, overweight, constantly run down and fatigued, fighting anxiety and irritibility and feeling hopeless about it all. I hated feeling that way!

So once again, I started the new year with a weight loss goal. My weapon of choice - Focus T25 and I started drinking Shakeology again. Shortly after getting started, I came across a post on Facebook for an online support group for people doing the Beachbody Challenge. I was already skipping workouts and still having a hard time with my eating. So I thought, why not, maybe that is what I need. Maybe if I have other people to share my struggles with and check in with, then maybe I will stick to it. Maybe I would quit giving up in the middle of the week and waiting for the next Monday to start over again. How many of you have done that?!

So that was me in the picture on the left, before realizing how LIFE CHANGING in-home workouts, eating properly, implementing a SUPER FOOD nutrional shake, and having ACCOUNTABILITY would all be for me. That was me before realizing what I am capable of, before finding my STRENGTH and BELIEVING in myself. That first accountability group I joined this year was a LIFESAVER to me and I am so thankful that I was a part of it. By the time I finished in that group and completed T25, I had lost 19 pounds and gained so much energy, vitality, confidence and self respect. I have since lost another 20 pounds this year with more Beachbody programs - Brazil Butt Lift, PiYo, and a few rounds of 21 Day Fix.
Focus T25 Results: Lost 19 Pounds (mid January - first week of April)

Health and fitness needs have to come from making lifestyle changes, not temporary fixes! You want to lose weight? You HAVE to get your nutrition in check. You want to be healthy? Then you need to eat clean and not put chemicals in your body. You've heard it before... There are no magic pills! You want to be fit? You HAVE to workout. It's as SIMPLE as that! Getting started and staying motivated is not always simple, but that's where my help comes in. I can help you choose a fitness programs that is in par with YOUR fitness level and that suits YOU and provide you a simple healthy meal plan to follow. Just like my coach did for me, I can provide all the tools and ENCOURAGE you and MOTIVATE you along the way, but you have to be willing to use the tools and do the WORK.

My results are not ridiculously remarkable greatest loser style results and I have certainly not been perfect. But they are true and honest HEALTHY results and I am proud of the lifestyle changes that I have made to be a healthier and stronger ME.

I am passionate about helping others that have been stuck in a rut like I once was, others that feel worn out and run down and don't think they have time for themselves. You DO have time. You just have to choose to MAKE time for yourself. You may be skeptical and worried about making the investment in yet another health and fitness program. Believe me, I get it... I was too! But I can GUARANTEE you, if you take the leap of faith and believe in yourself and truly commit; if you INVEST in yourself, you will NOT FAIL! Seriously, it really is guaranteeed... because Beachbody is cool like that.

If ANY of this is hitting home for you, sparking an interest in how I can help you, and/or lighting a fire under your you-know-what to finally COMMIT to the changes you want, PLEASE reach out to me! My next online support group will be starting soon and if you are still reading this, you NEED to be a part of it! Isn't it about time you stop putting yourself off?

To a Healthy and Happy New Year!!
-Sandy


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment.