06 August 2014

Greenberry Shakeology Review


If you asked me a year ago what I thought of the Greenberry Shakeology, my honest answer would have been "Blech!". I did not particularly care for it. I could have sent it back since it does come with a money-back guarantee (for 30 days), but I kept it anyway. I did eventually drink the whole 30-serving bag, but it took some work to make it taste good, as it didn't taste so great by itself or even with just 1/2 a banana (my usually addition to my shakes). It had a chalky texture and a very strange after-taste. Doctored up and blended with 1/2 a banana, some pineapple, other fruits, sometimes juice, it was better and just okay, but not something I would rave about. I didn't like putting my whole daily fruit allowance into my shake either; I like to save a portion for another meal in the day.

The Greenberry got a "makeover" quite some time ago, but I have been hesitant to try it out again. I have heard that it is much smoother, not at all chalky, and tastes like Fruity Pebbles. SO, I finally gave in and decided to try it again after a year now. Before throwing in a bunch of stuff like I used to have to do, I started with just water, ice, and half a banana. I took a little taste, slowly, still remembering what it used to taste like. Believe it not, it really does taste like Fruity Pebbles!

I like to add spinach to my shakes as a quick and easy way to get in one of my veggie portions for the day, so I tossed that in too... after the initial taste test. The spinach blends in great and you don't even taste it. Still tastes good and fruity.  Honestly, no joke, the new greenberry stuff is SO MUCH better!! It is now in the running with Chocolate for my top faves. I let my extremely picky 8 year old try it, with spinach mixed in even, and he LOVED it! That's saying a lot coming from him. So can something green and healthy actually be yummy? Heck yea it can!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment.